Terms & Conditions
By registering and participating in the Shell V-Power Walk-A-Hunt (“the Event”), you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions and any decisions of Brunei Shell Marketing Company Sendirian Berhad (“BSM”) in relation to and in connection with the Event. These Terms & Conditions apply to any and all services, programs, events, and goods provided and/or arranged by BSM as follows:
- 1. The Event will be held for one (1) day only from 6:00AM to 11:00AM on Sunday, 25th September 2022 at Taman Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien and the surrounding areas in Bandar Seri Begawan.
WHO CAN ENTER
- 2. Registrants must be aged 18 years old and above to be eligible as a participant.
- 3. The following are not eligible to participate in the Event:
- a. All permanent and/or contract employees of BSM and their registered immediate family (i.e. spouses, children, parents, brothers, sisters, – in-laws) are not eligible to participate in the Event.
- b. All agencies and/or service providers engaged by BSM (including but not limited to advertising agencies, promotions agencies, printing companies, event management agencies and any persons assisting or who are involved in the Event) and their employees.
- 4. BSM reserves the right to disqualify any entry that does not meet the terms and conditions of the Event.
HOW TO ENTER
- 5. Participation for each ENTRY shall be:
- a. by registering a team comprising of 3 people at www.ryserve.events/SVPhunt;
- b. payment of registration fee of BND35.00 per person.
- 6. Entry must be received by 5:00PM on 30th August 2022 via the website as mentioned above.
- 7. There are prizes given to the top 5 teams with the highest number of correct answers, completed challenges, and in the shortest amount of time.
- 8. Winners will be announced on the same day of the Event during the prize presentation ceremony. In the event if the winners are not present during the prize presentation ceremony, the prize shall be deemed to be forfeited by that winning team and will be awarded to the next winning team.
- 9. Prizes to be won will comprise of return flight tickets and/or air miles for all the members of the team for available flight routes on Royal Brunei Airlines only.
- 10. The prizes are as follows:
- a. First Prize: Return flight tickets “Choose Your ASEAN Destination!” for each member of the team;
- b. Second Prize: Return flight tickets to Singapore for each member of the team;
- c. Third Prize: Return flight tickets to Kota Kinabalu for each member of the team;
- d. Fourth Prize: 2,000 Royal Skies Miles for each member of the team; and
- e. Fifth Prize: 1,000 Royal Skies Miles for each member of the team.
- 11. All redeemable return flight tickets for First, Second and Third Prizes shall only be at the lowest published economy class rate of the winners’ chosen dates and limited to redeemable Royal Skiles Miles as follows:
- a. First Prize: Up to 36,000 miles per person, inclusive of any surcharges;
- b. Second Prize: Up to 32,000 miles per person, inclusive of any surcharges; and
- c. Third Prize: Up to 15,000 miles per person, inclusive of any surcharges.
- 12. All prizes must be redeemed within three (3) months from the date of the Event.
- 13. The prizes are not transferable, or exchangeable for cash, credits or any other item or otherwise, either partially or wholly.
- 14. BSM reserves the right to, at any time and in its sole and absolute discretion to replace and/or substitute any of the prize(s) with any other items of a similar value.
PERSONAL HEALTH RISKS & PRECAUTIONS:
- 15. You must follow all posted instructions while at any event-related venue. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness, permanent disability, and death. By visiting an event-related venue, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- 16. You must follow the following COVID-19 and Ministry of Health Brunei Darussalam’s general guidelines:
- a. If you feel unwell (i.e. fever, cough), you should stay at home and not participate in the Event.
- b. If someone in your household has tested positive for the virus, you should stay at home or test negative before leaving home for the Event.
- c. If someone in your team has tested positive for the virus, you may register a new team member on the day of Event to meet the minimum number of team member requirement.
- d. If you are with compromised health conditions, you should take greater preventive measures.
- 17. While participating in the Event, you agree to comply with any public health and/or safety directions of Organising staff, representatives or contractors, police, government, or health authorities.
- 18. Participants are encouraged to wear a safety mask prior to starting the Event and after the Event ends.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
- 19. By registering to participate, you agree that BSM shall not be responsible for any death, injury, loss or damage suffered as a result of, or in connection with the Event and/or redemption or use of the prizes howsoever arising, including but not limited to, fulfilment of the prize(s), any error in computing chances, any breakdown or malfunction in any computer system or equipment, any notice which is misdirected and/or lost in the post, loss of income, profits or goodwill, direct or indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive or special damages of any party including third parties howsoever arising whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by BSM of this Competition shall not entitle any party to any claim or compensation against BSM for any and all losses or damage suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
RELEASE OF PHOTOGRAPHS AND LIKENESSES OF PARTICIPANTS:
- 20. While the Shell V-Power Walk-A-Hunt commences, you understand and acknowledge that you may be photographed, videotaped, or otherwise filmed or recorded. By participating, you consent to the use of said recordings and files for publicity, promotional, and/or educational purposes (both soft copy and hard copy), to the fullest extent permitted by law. You are aware and hereby give your consent and waive all claims for compensation for use of the photographs, video footages, or otherwise film or recordings from the Event or for any damages arising thereto. You agree to allow your photo, video, or film alike to be used for any legitimate purposes by BSM and agencies and/or service providers engaged by BSM. You further agree to allow your basic information to be publicly announced if you were a winner of the Event.
- 21. BSM Privacy Notice can be found at https://www.bsm.com.bn/index.php/about-us/privacy-policy .
PAYMENT AND REFUNDS
- 22. You acknowledge that any payment made for the participation fee of the Shell V-Power Walk-A-Hunt is final and not subject for refund. You further acknowledge that any and all costs incurred in this event are solely your responsibility; such costs including but are not limited to wireless internet access charges, equipment, preparation and travel-related costs.
- 23. You acknowledge that all game play materials, website, mobile application, and other content associated with the Shell V-Power Walk-A-Hunt are BSM’s property, which grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable, royalty-free license to use the Shell V-Power Walk-A-Hunt content for purposes of participation in the Event.
CANCELLATION, ALTERATION, OR POSTPONEMENT
- 24. BSM reserves the right at any time in its sole and absolute discretion to determine and/or amend or vary these terms and conditions without prior notice, including but not limited to cancelling, terminating or suspending the Competition, the eligibility terms and criteria, the selection and number of winners, and the timing of any act to be done, and all participants shall be bound by these amendments.
- 25. You acknowledge that the Company may cancel or suspend the Shell V-Power Walk-A-Hunt at any time for any reason beyond its control; a force majeure event (e.g. a natural disaster, pandemic/epidemic, weather, act of fraud). In such cases, you will receive a full refund. You acknowledge that the Shell V-Power Walk-A-Hunt may be postponed to a later date of the Company’s choosing, and that refunds will not be issued in such a case, except if the Company decides to ultimately cancel the Shell V-Power Walk-A-Hunt.
The Event and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Brunei and all participants (including the Winners) are deemed to have agreed to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Brunei Darussalam.
By registering your participation, you are deemed to have acknowledged, read and agree to the Terms and Conditions of participation, as stated above pertaining to the Event.